Fees for Services
Dr. Kemper is credentialed with most major insurance companies including the following:
- Mines & Associates
Please note we do not accept AHCCCS or Mercy Care.
Generally, insurance will cover evaluations if deemed medically necessary. Examples of medically necessary evaluations include assessments for the following problems:
- Cognitive/Memory Problems
- Attention Problems
- Psychological disorders that negatively affect daily functioning
- Behavioral Problems
- Pre-Surgical Readiness
Fees for medically necessary/covered benefits depend on your insurance plan and may be subjected to your specific plan deductible, co-insurance, or co-pays. Under contract with your insurance company, we are not allowed to adjust your deductible, co-insurance, or co-pays, and payment is expected when services are rendered.
Some insurance plans have exclusions for certain types of evaluations, such as ADHD/ADD when there are no other psychological disorders. Sometimes, insurance plans will cover an intake interview but not testing or report writing for pre-surgical evaluations. Our staff will call your insurance plan to inquire if your requested evaluation, either in whole or part, is a covered benefit. You should also call your insurance plan to inquire if your evaluation will be a covered benefit.
All insurance plans have exclusions for the following types of evaluations:
- Academic Evaluations for Learning Disorders
- Work Evaluations
- Disability Determination Evaluations
- Evaluations to assess for gifted/talented
- Evaluations for legal purposes
- Evaluations for Child Safety
In addition, Dr. Kemper and all staff do not perform evaluations for sex offender status or child custody recommendations under any circumstances.
Scope of Professional Services
The scope of services offered at KANS involves neuropsychological assessment, as well as psychological evaluations for readiness for medical procedures, educational assessments, assist therapists with diagnostic clarity and treatment planning, and evaluations for different types of disability determination purposes. We also provide medication evaluation and follow up care for medication services. We also provide limited counseling services at KANS, based on availability.
Fees for Services
Standard rates for neuropsychological evaluation services are as follows:
- Intake Interview $200 with a licensed psychologist
- Psychological Testing, Scoring, Report Writing - $250 per hour with a licensed psychologist
- Psychological Testing or Scoring with a psychometrist - $100 per hour
- Letter or Records Preparation, Attendance at Meetings, Consultations with other professionals, and Phone Calls are prorated per 15 minutes and charged at a rate of $250 per hour with a licensed psychologist
- Legal consultations and depositions are billed on a case by case basis depending on the complexity of the case.
Standard rates for medication services are as follows:
- Intake Interview with medication evaluation $250 with a licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Follow up medication services $150 with a licensed psychiatric nurse practitioner
If you will be using an insurance benefit for your services then we will be calling your insurance carrier to verify benefits and obtain coverage information. Verification of benefits is not a guarantee of coverage. We will provide you with the information gleaned from the verification process, but you as the customer are ultimately responsible for verifying your own coverage, obtaining authorizations if needed, and paying deductibles, co-insurance, or co-pays as dictated by your plan.
Payment is expected when services are rendered. As a courtesy, we will submit claims to your primary insurance carrier if we are contracted with them. We do not submit claims to secondary insurance companies. If your insurance company does not reimburse for your services, then you will be responsible for fees at the standard billing rates noted above. If your insurance policy includes deductibles, co-insurance, or co-pays then we are not allowed to change your contract with your insurance company. This means that we are not allowed to adjust or waive your set deductible, co-insurance, or co-pay amounts. In addition, these fees are due upon receipt of services, not after your insurance company processes your claim.
Fees for Broken Appointments
When we set an appointment with you, we are setting aside time especially for you. Please make every effort to keep your appointment, or call 72 hours in advance to cancel your appointment. For broken appointments with less than 72 hours notice, we reserve the right to charge a fee for broken appointments before another appointment will be set.